12.10.2008

Out of the Nest


This is The Overachiever. Her name is Abby.

In this picture she has just stomped up the stairs from the basement, where she has been living while getting her Master's Degree in Speech Pathology.

Saturday she will put on her cap and gown and say goodbye to college and to living at home.

This morning she kicked me off the internet, left toast crumbs in the bathroom, stole a pair of my socks and rang the doorbell after forgetting her phone.

But I will miss her.

Next week she will move into her own apartment, take off her waitress apron and start a real job.

We won't miss her two cats (well maybe a little) or the mood she gets in after a bad day.

But we will miss how she takes such good care of her little sisters and the energy she brings when she walks into a room.

I am proud to send her out into the world and so happy she has found a career where she will be making a difference in the lives of so many.

You Go Girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Lis. Every time I think of Abby, I see that pic of her in a diaper eating a fudge bar while it drips down her tummy.

Anonymous said...

Lisee,

She looks so great!! You are the BEST mom to have raised such a successful, young women. I love how no matter what happened in your life you always made time for your kids!

Tracy