10.28.2008

I Want to be a Goal Getter

I love this Goal list I found on the internet


Sibling Number Eight sent me a link to this funny post yesterday. It got me thinking.

Sure, the goals these boys had were silly ones, but they were goals anyway.

I have kind of a love/hate relationship with goals. Sometimes I don't like the process of getting them, like when I was training for my first 5K run this summer, but I do like having them.

This guy I knew once was a Goal Getter. He was fascinating to have dinner with. He had traveled all over, been a dealer in Vegas, a teacher, a writer and a chef. He had a personal anecdote for any topic that came up.

I think it would be fun to be one of those people.

I think one big goal a year is reasonable for a not-so-young mom with four kids and a business to run, so that's what I'm going to start with.

I also think this next goal should utilize my mind, since my body is still recovering from meeting the last one.

Any ideas? I'd love to get a sibling or reader to join me.

Let's get our Bucket List going.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa, sib 4 is in, but I have no great ideas....maybe something computer related like organizing our photos and making keepsake books or something totally outside my "box". That might be a fun way to get through the winter months. I'm hoping one of our really computer savvy sistes willjoin us...#8...are you in?

Anonymous said...

I'd joint the photo organization...

LAurel

Anonymous said...

Photo organizing is for woosies... a goal has to be tough! I'm in if it's NOT photo organizing.

-The Overachiever

TracenCo said...

Thanks so much for the reminder! It is easy to put goals on the "back burner". I have a goal to learn something - I have the manuals and everything! (I also have had the scrapbooking goal for like three years and am getting much closer to that one!) You have recharged me to attain my goal to learn.